RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- The Unit coordinates all the projects of the Sports Commission.
- Supervises and inspects all the ongoing projects of the Commission.
- Ensure due process in the award and execution of the Sports Commissions’ projects in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- It monitors the maintenance of the completed project facilities.
- It identifies and recommends the opening of new site for sports development in the State.
Mr. Lawson Attah Cleophas, an Assistant Director (A & HR) is the Head of the Project Unit. He was born on 6th February, 1969. He is a graduate of University of Ibadan with BSc. Psychology and MSc in the same discipline. He joined the Lagos State Public Service on 1st March, 2000 as an Administrative Officer II. He has worked in several MDAs in the Service ranging from Lands Bureau, Office of Surveyor General, Civil Service Commission, Office of Sports, Ministry of Agric and Cooperative, Lagos State Audit Service Commission and presently Lagos State Sports Commission.
Until his deployment to the LSSC where he is heading the Project Unit of the Organisation, he was the HOD of Career Management Department of Audit Service Commission, the post he administered effectively well for two years. He has acted in various capacities as Head of Administration in the Ministry of Agric and Cooperative, Office of Surveyor-General, Civil Service Commission and Lagos State Sports Endowment Fund.
He is a proficient and seasoned Administrator and married with children.