Mr. Raji Samuel Tijani is a Chief Statistical Officer who doubles as the Head of Planning Unit. He was born on 13th September; 1966 and attended Army Children School from 1973 to 1978 before he proceeded to Ajowa Community Grammar School, Ajowa, Akoko, Ondo State from 1980 to 1985. He graduated from Federal School of Statistics with OND in Statistics in 1994.
A member of Nigeria Statistical Association from 1996 till date, he joined the Service on 12th January, 1989.Mr. Tijani is a native of Ondo State and he is happily married with kids.
PLANNING UNIT (PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS)
- Collects Statistical Data in various Directorates & Units for planning purposes for the Commission,
- Ensure Monthly, Quarterly and Annual rendition of revenue and expenditure reports to MEPB.
- Ensuring that Directorates/Units Votes are timely accessed in line with the budgetary provision.
- Ensuring that budget lines are utilized according to the approved specification.
- Oversee that Directorates/Units expenditures are in line with approved price list of the Lagos Bureau of Statistics (LBS).
- Monitoring Commission budgetary requests to approval levels;
- Serve as guide to ensure that the Commission programme and projects are geared towards the intents of the Lagos Development Plan (LSDP).
- Oversee that every Directorates/Units activity reports are to actualize the plans in the MTSS.
- Ensuring that periodic data of activities are rendered to LBS
- Attend Ministerial Tenders Board Meetings in the Commission,
- Ensuring that the Sectorial Planning Team (SPT) is composed in line with the directive from MEPB.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are involved in Medium Term Planning.
- To Prepare Annual Budget for the Commission
- To Upload the Commission Annual Budget in to the Oracle System.