SPORTS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORATE:
- Advising on the formulation, execution and review of policies and programme on Sporting matters in the Commission;
- Assisting in the implementation of the Sports development programmes of the Commission;
- Supervision of the Planning and Research Unit in the Commission;
- Supervision of Sports Associations Secretaries;
- Liaison with Sports Organizations;
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Director-General and the Executive Chairman of the Commission.
Kolawole Moses Olusegun, a Deputy Director is the Head of Sports Development. He was born on 5th September, 1963 and attended Salvation Army Primary School, Ayobo, Lagos State where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate. He further proceeded to African Church Teachers’ College for Teachers’ Education. He attended Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife where he obtained the Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE).
He obtained BSc. (Ed) in Physical and Health Education from the University of Ilorin in 1994. Also, he obtained Master’s Degree in Sports Administration and Management from the University of Lagos.
He joined the Lagos State Teaching Service on 16th October, 1995 from where he was deployed to the Lagos State Sports Commission in 2017. In his active sporting years he had participated in various sports by representing his school in sports especially at NUGA Games at University of Ilorin in 1992. He coordinated the principal Cup in Education District II of Lagos State in 2008.
He was the Chairman of Nigeria Association for Physical and Health Education (NAPHERSD) at Local Government level. He was also the 1st Vice Chairman of the same Association at the State level in 2009. As the Head of Sports Development, he led the State Contingent to the 2018 National Youth Games (NYG) in Ilorin.
He was the Head of the State Delegate to 2018 African Youth Games in Algeria and the 2018 National Sports Festival in Abuja. He is happily married and blessed with children.