1. Initiates procurement process
2. Solicits bid from members of public with respect to procurement of goods, works and services as required by user departments/Units
3. Along with other members of Evaluation Committee, it organises a Bid evaluation process to assess and determine most responsive bidders.
4. It acts as the secretariat to the Parastatals/Ministerial Tenders Board meeting where the evaluation reports are adopted and approved by the Board for procurement exercise to commence.
5. It issues Notification of Award Letters to successful contractors
6. It ensures the remittance of statutory deductions (.25% Admin Fee and .50% Registration fee) from all contracts to State Government
7. It monitors the progress of contract from inception to completion
8. It ensures transparency and accountability in procurement process
9. It ensures value for money on all procurement activities
PROFILE OF HEAD OF PROCUREMEMENT UNIT
Mr. Ogundele Oluwatoyin Joseph – Director Procurement
Mr Ogundele Oluwatoyin Joseph a Christian, was born in 1968 in Ikeja Town, in the present Ikeja Local Government Area of Lagos State. He attended Ikeja Local Authority Primary school, Oba Akinjobi Street, GRA Ikeja for his elementary education. In 1981, he proceeded to Anwar – ul – Islam College Agege for his Secondary school/ Higher School Certificate education and completed it in 1987. He graduated with B.Sc. Second Class Hon. in Sociology from University of Ilorin in 1994 after which he proceeded for his first Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA) at the Lagos State University (LASU) ,Ojo Lagos in 1998 and Master of Social Works (MSW) in 2008 respectively. He also studied Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGD BIZ. ADMIN.) in 1999. He is a member of several professional bodies which includes: Chartered institute of Personnel Management (1998).Nigeria Association of Social Workers (2004) and The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria (CIPSMN) 2014.
Mr. Ogundele Oluwatoyin was offered appointment into the Lagos State civil service on 1st March, 2000 as a social welfare officer and has served the State in this capacity until year 2012 when he converted to the Public Procurement Officer Cadre. He is still serving in this capacity till date.
Mr Ogundele Oluwatoyin is married to Mrs Adebimpe Ogundele and blessed with children.