FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DIRECTORATE
The Finance and Accounts Directorate is responsible for the receipt custody, disbursement and accounting for all funds received and expended by the Commission and its main functions among others can be summarized as in the following;
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all financial matters as well as the more technical provisions of the Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Finance Circulars.
- Ensuring compliance with the Financial Regulations, other extant Circulars and the Accounting code by all staff involved in financial matters in the Commission.
- Ensuring adequate supervision of the disbursement of funds and proper monitoring and accounting for revenue.
- Maintaining proper accounting records such as books of accounts, main and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensuring prompt rendition of all returns e.g Revenue and Expenditure Returns.
The Directorate is being supervised by an Assistant Director and has the following Units;
- Budget and Expenditure Control.
- Sub – Treasury.
- Financial Information System.
- Assets and Inventory Management.
- Employee Benefits
- Budget and Expenditure Control: This unit is responsible for:
- Collects and collates estimates of Capital and Recurrent expenditures from all departments of the Commission
- Assist in preparation of the Commission’s annual capital and recurrent budget
- Laise with the State Treasury Office and Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget to ensure strict compliance with the financial rules and regulations
- Preparation of payment vouchers for expenditure items to be incurred
- Maintenance of the Commission’s vote book and preparation of weekly/monthly expenditure returns.
- Ensure that appropriate liabilities are taken for contract awards in the vote book.
- Reports all collections to the Director of Accounts of the commission
- Monitiors all revenue movement and reconcile all revenue collection with the consultants manifest
- Provide bills on the billing platform
- Collects all revenue due to the commission
- Obtain the bank tellers and revenue receipt for confirmation
- Carry out revenue reconciliation viz-a-viz bills generated and payments made on bills received.
- Sub- Treasury
- Scrutinize all payment vouchers and certify before its being taken for audit functions
- Prepare fund transfer, write cheques and complete cheque stubs as appropriate
- Custody of security documents
- Ensure payment to approved beneficiaries
- Maintain the commission’s cash book and operate the commission’s bank account
- Collection of account statement on both overhead and capital expenditure items from the banks maintained by the commission
- Financial Information System
- Ensure that adequate accounting codes and new charts of account are implemented
- Prepare financial statement of the commission for audit purpose
- Laise with the sub-treasury to ensure that all transactions are Oracle compliant
- Asset and Inventory Management
- Preparation and maintenance of fixed asset register
- Periodic physical verification of fixed assets in the commission
- Preparation of inventory returns for the accounting officer
- Employee Benefits
- Prepare variable cards as it relates to employee remuneration
- Laise with the Centralised Payroll and Data Validation Directorate (CPDVD)
- Obtain monthly payroll bank schedule and monthly pay-slips for the commission
- Monitor retirement advances granted to members of staff of the commission.
MRS ABIODUN BOLANLE SOYEWO
BSC (Hons.), ACNA, ACITN, FICA.
Mrs Abiodun Bolanle Soyewo was born in Ijebu-Ode.After her primary education, she attended Ijebu Southern District Grammar School, Ijebu-Ala for her Secondary Education, Federal Government College Odogbolu for Higher School Certificate and Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago-Iwoye in 1986 where she studied Accounting for her first degree and a graduate with honours.
She worked in several private organizations at various times, including Vanni Holdings Nig. Ltd, Triple Hays Finance Limited (Finance Officer), Unique & Trust Finance Securities (Snr. Finance Office) before joining the Lagos State Civil Service in 2000.
She has worked in various government Ministries and Parastatals as an Account Officer. She has also served as Accountant to several Sports Committees, including:
1 FIFA U-17 World Cup Local Organizing Committee in 2009
2 Eko National Sport Festival Local Organizing Committee in 2012
3 Lagos Developmental Agenda for Western Nigeria (DAWN) Games Local Organizing Committee in 2013 & 2014
4 Africa Beach Soccer – 2017 Local Organizing Committee.
Through dint of hard work and God’s grace, she rose steadily to become the Assistant Director and Head of Finance and Account, Lagos state Sports Commission, a position she presently occupies.
She is a member of several reputable professional bodies, namely:
- -Associate Member, National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- -Associate Member, the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN)
- -Fellow of Institute of Corporate Administration (FICA)
She is happily married and blessed with children.